There is no better time than now to introduce your baby to lullaby songs. It’s a great way for them to learn about music and it also has the added benefit of helping them fall asleep faster! Here are 10 lullabies that have been proven to help babies go to sleep easier.
There is nothing more important than the health and well-being of a baby. When they are not sleeping or eating, it can be hard to get them to do anything else! Making sure your little one has enough rest is an essential part of their growth process. To help you out we have put together 10 best songs that will lull your baby to sleep in no time!
10 Best Songs To Put Baby To Sleep
“Here are my top ten favorite lullabies that you can use in a pinch or sing along with when trying out these techniques:
1) “Rock A Bye Baby” – Johnny Mercer & Margaret Whiting
2) “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star” – Traditional Kidsongs Video Lullaby Songs For Babies
3) “Down By The Bayou With My Cajun Friends” – John Fogerty
4) “Dreamland Express” – Dave Alvin And Tony Rice
5) “Aint No Mountain High Enough” – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
6) “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” – Judy Garland, Rice Miller And Harold Arlen
7) “The Lullaby Song” – John Lennon/Yoko Ono
8) “When You Wish Upon A Star (Variation)” – Cliff Edwards [Disney]
9) “You Are My Sunshine” – Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash
10) “Rockabye Baby!” – Billie Holiday and Louis Armstrong. “
Singing Tips For Parents
– Make sure to keep the volume low enough for baby’s ears not to be damaged
– Sing in a slow and soft voice that is natural sounding, but without going hoarse. This will help soothe baby into sleep!
– Keep singing, don’t stop until you know baby is asleep. Once they are sound asleep, it’s OK to stop
– Sing the same song over and over again — because babies love repetition!
– Use your voice as a lullaby machine by humming a tune or shushing them like waves in the ocean with “shh” sounds.
– Lullabies have been used for centuries to help soothe children into sleep – I recommend making one up yourself too!”
– “The video below is the perfect lullaby for baby to sleep. These songs are sung by parents and they have been proven to be one of the best ways to soothe your baby.” (link)
These are all great songs to soothe your baby when they aren’t feeling well or just need a break from the world. These also make excellent lullabies for babies who can already go to sleep